Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rockets Vocab Word of the Day: "Jedi"

Today's word is "Jedi."

Definition: Any NBA superstar player that is allowed 3-4 steps before being called for a travel, most notably LeBron James and Dwayne Wade. The term can also be used when one of these superstar players is given an obvious bailout call, but somewhat rarely.

As in "Dwayne Wade must have taken four steps on that spin move, but the refs held their whistles because he is a Jedi."

I must say, I forced this word a little bit. It had always bugged me that I hadn't come up with a word for known travelers such as Wade (who sports his Jedi Spin Move), James, Paul Pierce, Kobe Bryant, etc. So the term "skywalker" came to mind, and then I figured, "Hey, I always see Jedis in Star Wars jumping around from place to place and getting from Point A to Point B faster than anyone else." Combining that with the fact that Luke Skywalker is a Jedi brought me to the word. So now that you are thoroughly confused, here are some video examples of Jedis.

Dwayne Wade:


Dwayne Wade Bailout Call:



Dwayne Wade One More Time:



LeBron James:



Jedi Wannabe Dan Marjele!

No comments:

Post a Comment